Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye To Our Loyal Girl.... the best DOG ever



On Friday, May 28 2010 Dave and I had to put Sandy Anne Church to rest. Sandy was almost 12 years old and over the last 2 weeks she was with us she was not eating( Sandy loved to eat) and was throwing a dark brown and black stuff. So with my heart breaking on Tuesday, May 25 2010 I called the vet and made an appointment to have Sandy put to sleep. The girls at work thought I should have done it right away but I needed more time with her even if it was just a few days. On Friday afternoon Dave came home early and dug a spot in a beautiful area in our yard. Than we went for the worst ride in both our lives, we got there they put all of us in a room to say our goodbyes. I however was staying with my baby untill it was all over. Dave said his goodbyes and went to the waiting room. The vet came in and explained it all to me and told me with a dog this big it would take anyhwere from 3 to 10 minutes. I had Sandy wrapped in my arms and watched the needle go in and before the needle was even out I felt the weight of her head go down on my arm. I knew my girl was gone. The vet listened for a heart beat and there was none. She told me for a dog this big to go so quick meant she was ready and she was holding on for Dave and me. We brought her home wrapped up in her and mine favorite blanket. We layed her to rest in mine and her favorite blanket and her favorite stuffed toy. On top of her I layed my rossery beads. Dave made a big wooden cross and painted it white and painted Sandy Anne on it in black. I layed a long stem red rose on it and also layed one on there today. On her cross we hung her "purple" collar on it. I know people say dogs don't have a soul but those people are idiots my dog and every dog has a soul. How can something so loyal and loving not have a soul? And after all what does dog spell backwards GOD. Revelation says that there will be horses in heaven and all they do is pull a stupid Budweiser cart. So Sandy play ball with the angels your home where you belong. Tell Jake the beagle Aunt Kathy says hi. Mommy, Daddy and your sisters miss and love you tons.



1 comment:

  1. aww thats quite a heartwrenching story. i hope you have some better days ahead!
    love and prayers,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete